Become a Volunteer Application Reader
Our volunteer application readers are integral to Central Scholarship’s awarding process. They help us review student applications, and their thoughtful participation in our annual application cycle is invaluable. The reading period is April – July and we ask volunteers to commit to read a minimum of 25 applications.
Commitment, Training, and Expertise
Before applying to become a volunteer reader, please consider a few items:
- The reading period goes from April to July. Reading deadlines for different scholarships vary, so we can work with your schedule.
- Scholarship readers commit to reading a minimum of 25 applications, which is a time commitment of 4-6 hours.
- Reading and scoring are done through an online portal, so it can be done at home and on your own time.
- CS staff can offer training (or a refresher, for previous volunteers!) either by phone or in our offices.
- If you have expertise in a particular field, we can match you with a scholarship program that fits your interests.