Investing in Bright Futures
Through a variety of scholarships, we invest in students pursuing undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees because it leads to bright futures for themselves, their families, and the communities where they live.
Whether students are preparing to enter their freshman year, are mid college career, or studying for medical school, we offer more than 80 scholarships and interest-free loans designed to help students focus on what’s important… classes, not tuition!
Our application for undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees is open January 1 through April 1 each year.
Applications for the 2020-2021 academic year are now closed.
What makes our scholarships unique?
- The average scholarship award is $4,000
- Most annual scholarships range from $1,000 to $10,000
- Complete one application to be considered for multiple awards
- Recipients qualify for: emergency funds, award displacement review, and student-loan pay down awards
- Maryland residents may attend any accredited college
Graduate and Professional Scholarships
- Central Scholarship is one of the few sources of funding for graduate students pursuing degrees in education and social work, which in turn directly benefits the community
- Central Scholarship also funds professional degrees, such as medical and law
- Students can apply each year they are enrolled
To be eligible to receive a scholarship or interest-free loan for undergraduate, graduate, or professional degrees, a student must:
- Be a Maryland resident
- Have a GPA of 2.8 or higher to be competitive
- Plan to attend an accredited college, university, or community college, in the upcoming academic year
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have a family income of $90,000 or less
Student Success Stories
In 1964, Andre De Shields won a financial award from Central Scholarship as a senior at Baltimore City College. The […]Learn More
Kashay, Public Health
Kashay grew up in a community in Baltimore City where affordability of healthcare, health literacy, and access to consistent care […]Learn More