Emergency Funding Program
Current Central Scholarship undergraduate, graduate, professional and career training recipients are eligible to take advantage of the Emergency Funding Program. It provides grants of up to $1,000 each to current recipients for immediate needs causing financial hardship, such as medical care, transportation to class, and loss of essential personal belongings due to fire, theft, or natural disaster. The purpose of this program is to ensure that students are not forced to drop out of school due to emergencies and unforeseen expenses. Current scholarship recipients who are interested in learning more please contact Kayla Bettenhauser.
Emergency Funding Does NOT Cover
- Tuition, fees, health insurance, and study abroad costs
- Non-essential utilities (i.e. cable TV)
- Household or furniture costs not related to damage or theft
- Parking tickets
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel or other non-essential expenses
- Applicants must have a financial hardship resulting from an emergency, accident, or other unexpected critical incident.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a degree-granting program and in good standing with CS.
- Applicants must submit all requested supporting documentation.
Emergency funding grants may not exceed $1,000 for each individual request, or $2,000 over the course of the student’s academic career.
Students should apply for funds when they have exhausted all other resources. This funding is not intended to replace or supplement existing financial aid and does not have to be repaid.